The Most Popular Thanksgiving Recipe on NYT Cooking
The other day we saw that the most popular Thanksgiving recipe over on NYT Cooking — “by far” apparently — is Bittman’s Brussels sprouts with garlic. And while that version starts with browning sprouts on the stove in a cast-iron pan, the one below, from the updated How To Cook Everything, is even easier.
Brussels Sprouts With Garlic
Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pint (about a pound) brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- For the crispiest sprouts, put the oiled baking sheet in the oven as it heats to 450°F. Add the garlic and Brussels sprouts.
- Roast, stirring the pan once or twice, until the sprouts are tender and browned, about 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with vinegar.
— Recipe from How to Cook Everything: Completely Revised Twentieth Anniversary Edition